Use Your Words like Your life Depended on them

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Transcendental Meditation (TM)

When I was in university, I, and a couple of friends, enrolled in a transcendental meditation course. TM is simple, just twenty minutes twice a day, and could be practiced any place, even in noisy crowed places. I meditate on buses, planes, and trains, but for the most part, I find a quite place in my house to meditate. For a period I lived in a meditation community, Ideal Village, where there was a meditation building.

Over the years, I would go for months without meditating, but when I resumed practice, it came back with ease. It surprised me that I never forgot my mantra, which came to me without hesitation when I called upon it. TM serves to keep my energy in balance.

No comments: