Use Your Words like Your life Depended on them

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

#1 use for my ipod


"Oh, I see you have been listening to your ipod. What are you listening to? " asks my husband.

"Nothing" I reply.

huh?

"Yes. I am literally listening to silence." I added.

He looked surprised, so I continued "I am listening to a podcast from Treeleaf which has a 20 minute, 30 minutes, and one hour silent meditation segments."

"You're the only person I know who has over a thousand songs and uses their ipod to listen to silence." He says shaking his head.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

SlowZen said...

Funny, I like to watch the TV, when it is switched off.

ToBlog today said...

Jordan you are too funny.

Seriously, I find I have a deeper meditation if I don't have to worry about how long I've been meditating. As an added bonus, someone else rings the bell to signify the start and the end just like being at the temple.